Privacy and Terms
Short version, in human language:
I take security very seriously, this website is hosted in a safe server environment, is protected by a professional firewall and I follow the best practices and run regular security audits to make sure no hacker got through that firewall. As a website developer, I maintain 80+ websites and none of them was hacked In the past 7 years (I have a kinda healthy paranoia about Internet security which in the case of this particular website, protects your data pretty well).
I am not a psychologist or a psychotherapist, but I did a 3-year course in anthroposophical medicine (2012-2016), did a course in facilitating grief groups, and I am on my way to becoming a professional online mental health counselor (degree is expected in June 2020). I also completed the 3-month Grief Educator Certificate training with David Kessler, one of the most renowned grief experts of our time. I have the certificate, and you can check what I learned there here: https://www.davidkesslertraining.com/certification. I had some devastating losses in my own life and went through a very tough grief process myself, I know what it means to be at the bottom of a deep dark hole so I can walk with you and provide peer support, maybe on a bit of professional level.
Please note that English is a second language for me, I spent a year in the U.S. in an academic environment, and I regularly read, write, and talk about grief in English - I have the vocabulary and some Hungarian accent but my native English friends assured me that I am able to talk about emotions, spirituality and philosophy - and I am also a good listener and have a deep empathy for you :)
This Web site (the “Site”) is operated by Krisztina Csapo (located in Hungary). The Privacy Statement (the “Statement”) that follows describes Silentgrievers.com's collection, use and disclosure of information practices in connection with the Site.
Silentgrievers.com is not responsible for the Web sites, content or privacy practices of any third party. By using this Site, you acknowledge that you have read this Statement and agree that you are subject to the Silentgrievers.com Terms of Service. You may view my Terms of Service. The policy that follows is applicable to Silentgrievers.com’s information collection, use and disclosure practices.
Also, please note that this Web site contains links to other Websites. Silentgrievers.com is not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of any Web sites to which this site may link.
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
You are not required to provide any personally identifiable information to visit the Site. Silentgrievers.com automatically collects Usage Data (as described below). Silentgrievers.com collects personally identifiable information on the Site only when you provide it. The types of personally identifiable information collected will depend on the nature of the submission or the features of the Site used, but could include your name, address, phone number, email address and credit card information. The Site collects this information to personalize your experience and give you the most useful information possible.
Categories of personal information we may collect include:
- Identity Data, which includes name or other similar identifiers.
- Contact Data, which includes address, email address and telephone numbers.
Additionally, we may also collect certain other types of information that, along with Identity Data and Contact Data, may be considered and specifically named “personal data” in certain jurisdictions, including the European Union (“EU”), such as:
- Transaction Data, which includes details about payments to and from you.
- Technical Data, which includes internet protocol (IP) address, location data, your login data, and device and browser information.
- Profile Data, which includes your username and password, avatar (if you upload one) and other info you share with us on our Website.
- Usage Data, which includes information about how you use our Website and advertising we serve on those sites.
- Marketing and Communications Data, which includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us
IF YOU ARE SITUATED IN THE EU, PLEASE SEE THE SECTION “ADDITIONAL EU DISCLOSURES” THAT PERTAIN TO OUR COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND ADDITIONAL RIGHTS YOU HAVE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
Direct interactions: You may give us your information by registering or contacting us. This includes information you provide when you:
- create an account on our website;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- purchase product(s) on our website(s)
- request marketing to be sent to you; or
- give us feedback.
Automated technologies or interactions: As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data and Usage Data about you. Some of the ways in which we or our website may collect are further described below:
Passive Information Collection
The Site automatically collects information and may also customize your visit through technical means, including the following:
The website may use other similar technologies (including, without limitation, tracking pixels, as described further below, and other anonymous identifiers) to gather information about you, such as IP addresses and location data, to customize your visit, to enable us to enhance our service, or for other purposes. We use the following cookies: (i) Strictly necessary / technical cookies that are required for the operation of our website, including log-in, shopping cart and e-billing. (ii) Analytical / performance cookies to see how users interact with our website so that we may improve functionality. (iii) Functional cookies to recognize you when you return and to personalize content. (iv) Targeting / advertising cookies to tailor advertising to you based on how you interact with our website.
Interest-Based Advertising: We may engage third-party vendors to use your information in connection with their own information to deliver targeted advertising to you when you visit our website or other websites. Cookies, described above, may be used in this process. For example, if you are searching for information on a particular product, our vendor may cause an advertisement to appear on other websites you view with information on that product. This form of advertising is called “behavioral advertising”. We believe that such advertising is helpful because you will see ads that are relevant to your interests. However, if you would like to opt-out of these interest-based advertisements, please see the Opt-Out section below.
Clickstream Data: As you use the Internet, a trail of electronic information is left at each website you visit. This information, sometimes referred to as “clickstream data,” can be collected and stored by a website’s server. For example, clickstream data can tell the type of computer and browsing software you use and the address of the website from which you linked to the website. The website may collect and use clickstream data as a form of aggregate information to anonymously determine how much time visitors spend on each page of our website, how visitors navigate throughout the Website and how we may tailor our website to better meet the needs of visitors. This information often will be used to improve our website and our services. Any collection or use of clickstream data will be anonymous and aggregated and will not intentionally contain any personal information.
Web beacons (also known as pixel tags, Internet tags, clear GIFs, or single-pixel GIFs) are electronic images embedded into a Web page.
IP Address Logs
Silentgrievers.com also logs Internet Protocol (IP) addresses — the location of your computer on the Internet. Cookies allow Silentgrievers.com to recognize you when you visit the Site, to personalize your experience and generally to serve you better. For example, if you enter your name, address or ZIP code on one of the Site’s forms, it may be stored in a cookie so you do not have to enter it again on other forms on the Site. Cookies and Web beacons can tell us what advertising you have seen on the Site, which allows Silentgrievers.com to offer you a more diverse selection of advertising information and may also be used together to measure the effectiveness of Silentgrievers.com advertising campaigns. Cookies, Web beacons and IP addresses are also used to compile data regarding Site usage (what Website you came from, what pages of the Site you visit, how long you were on the Site, what type of browser you are using, what Website did you go to etc.
Personally Identifiable Information. Personally identifiable information collected by Silentgrievers.com through your use of the Site may be stored on servers or in a cookie on your computer and may be used by Silentgrievers.com for any of the following purposes:
- To follow up on any request that you have previously made.
- To communicate with you regarding the Silentgrievers.com services and/or promotions.
- To send promotional materials, newsletters, or other content via email or otherwise, unless you have indicated that you do not wish to receive such materials.
- To improve your user experience
- For Site administration, analysis, research, development, optimization and other internal purposes, including, without limitation, to compile Usage Data.
- Usage Data
Usage Data is used by Silentgrievers.com for administrative, analytical, research, optimization and other purposes. For example, Silentgrievers.com may use statistical analyses of Usage Data in order to measure interest in the various areas of the Site, for development purposes. IP Addresses are also used for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes. With respect to promotional materials and newsletters that Silentgrievers.com may send via email from time to time, Silentgrievers.com will not continue to send you such communications if you ask us not to, as described below in the Section entitled “Accessing, Changing or Deactivating Information Collected by Silentgrievers.com.” However, you agree that Silentgrievers.com may send to you, and you cannot opt out of, communications of a transactional or relationship nature, including, but not limited to, communications regarding fraudulent or illegal activity, account status, changes to this Statement or the Silentgrievers.com Terms of Service, as well as communications to confirm, fulfill and follow up on your registration, service or a request submitted through the Site.
Silentgrievers.com may share personally identifiable information that you provide with third parties in the following cases:
- Direct Marketing. Silentgrievers.com’s policy not to disclose personally identifiable information of our customers to third parties specifically for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
- Service Providers. Silentgrievers.com may work with third parties that provide services on its behalf. Examples include providers of analytical, development, promotional, research, credit card processing and other services.
- Email List Opt-Outs. In the event Silentgrievers.com sends promotional emails to you on behalf of third-party advertisers and you inform Silentgrievers.com you wish to opt out of future promotional emails from a particular third party, Silentgrievers.com may share your email address with that third party so the third party may add you to its opt-out lists.
- Other. Silentgrievers.com expressly reserves the right to release any personally identifiable information or other information you provide to third parties under the following circumstances: (a) when required by law or legal process, (b) to investigate and/or take action against illegal activity, suspected abuse, or unauthorized use of the Site and/or Silentgrievers.com services, (c) to protect the property or safety of our users or others, (d) to enforce our Terms of Service and (e) in connection with any sale or other transfer of ownership of all or a part of Silentgrievers.com. If you make any personally identifiable information publicly available on the Site, anyone may see and use such information and Silentgrievers.com is not responsible for such use. Silentgrievers.com reserves the right to share any personally identifiable information you post on the Site with third parties. To the extent Silentgrievers.com does so, the subsequent use and disclosure of such information is subject to the privacy policies and practices of those third parties.
Please note that the messages that Silentgrievers.com sends to you to confirm, fulfill, or follow up on a request may incidentally include promotional material or other content from Silentgrievers.com or its partners. In the case of these messages, Silentgrievers.com is not sharing your personally identifiable information with those third parties. Silentgrievers.com reserves the right to share Usage Data with any third party for any reason.
INFORMATION USE AND SHARING
Subject to the section titled “Additional EU Disclosures”, we use information held about you to perform our services and for other purposes outlined below. Specifically, we use your information for a variety of purposes:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- To perform specific services that you have requested.
- To respond to your direct inquiries.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- To send you marketing materials (see below)
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Subject to the section titled “Additional EU Disclosures”, we may share the information we collect about you with certain third parties in the following ways:
- Third parties to whom we need to share your information to investigate suspected fraud, harassment or other violations of any law, rule or regulation, or the policies for the website.
Changes to this Statement
Notification of Changes: Any changes to this Statement will be posted on the Site in this location and this Statement will be identified as “Updated”. Your continued use of the Site after such notice constitutes acceptance of such changes.
Your personally identifiable information is one of your most valuable assets and it is very important to us to protect your personal information. We take steps to keep it physically secure in our data centers and it is accessible only to authorized personnel as needed to perform operations governed by this policy. Silentgrievers.com uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption, the industry standard for protecting privacy in Web transactions. Please keep in mind that despite these measures, Silentgrievers.com cannot guarantee or warrant 100% security of its servers and databases. Moreover, Silentgrievers.com cannot guarantee that personally identifiable information that you submit through the Site will not be intercepted or otherwise disclosed.
Silentgrievers.com believes that it is especially important to protect children’s privacy online. Silentgrievers.com does not knowingly collect or use any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 and Silentgrievers.com does not knowingly provide any personally identifiable information, regardless of its source, to any third party for any purpose whatsoever from visitors younger than 13 years old. No information should be submitted to or posted at Silentgrievers.com by visitors younger than 13 years old.
This Site contains links to other sites. While Silentgrievers.com encourages our business partners to adopt privacy policies and practices that build users’ trust and confidence in the Internet, Silentgrievers.com is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third parties or any of the content of Web sites linked to the Site or any third-party products or services offered through the Site.
RIGHTS OF EU DATA SUBJECTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
OPTING OUT OF MESSAGES FROM US
OPTING OUT OF COOKIES
If you want to stop or restrict the placement of cookies or flush any cookies that may already be on your computer or device, please refer to and adjust your web browser preferences. By deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our Website or some of its functionality may be affected. Cookies and similar items are not used by us to automatically retrieve personally identifiable information from your device without your knowledge.
CROSS BORDER TRANSFERS